Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Get Away Weekend!!

Over the weekend, Seth and I celebrated our first anniversary :-) I know it’s a little bit early but the project that Seth has been managing at work for the past six months is going live next weekend, so we decided to celebrate the weekend before. Anyways, our celebration started Friday morning when Seth told me to pack my things, we’re going somewhere for the weekend but it’s a surprise. I knew we were going to celebrate our anniversary that weekend but had no idea that we would be going anywhere.

Later that afternoon, we arrived to our destination which was the Four Season’s Hotel in downtown Houston. Since we have been busy every weekend for the past couple months, he wanted to get away and just have a nice relaxing weekend which was definitely needed. Once, we got our room and unloaded, we decided to take a walk downtown; it’s sad that I have lived in Houston all my life and I’ve probably been downtown less than a handful of times. It has definitely come along way though and is actually pretty nice now. After scoping out the places around our hotel, we went and ate at an awesome seafood restaurant called Massa’s and then headed back to our hotel room for some champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and to watch ‘The Proposal, which I definitely recommend if you haven’t seen it.

Saturday, Seth had plans for us to go to the zoo which I was very excited about because I had been wanting to go for a very long time. The weather was absolutely beautiful and a perfect day to go to the zoo but I think everyone else in Houston had the same idea as us lol. Not only was it beautiful outside but it was boo at the zoo so there were millions of people. Nonetheless, it turned out to be a great time. Our favorite part was the meerkats; we both want to get one for a pet ha-ha. Here are a couple of pictures we took.







Later that night, Seth and I went to the Flying Saucer to get dinner and drinks and then we headed to my favorite bar ever, Pete’s Piano Bar. They just opened one up in Houston and it was only two blocks away from our hotel so of course we had to make an appearance. It was a little bit different crowd then what we were used to but it turned out to be the best people watching ever. I tried to take a video of this man who was dancing/singing away and just having the time of his life but it didn’t come out very well. Let’s just say for those of you who know what I’m talking about, this was way better than the Jessie’s Girl dancer ha-ha. Anyways, I could probably go to Pete’s every night and never get tired of it, it is so entertaining.

Sunday had come way to fast but we still had a busy day planned. For my anniversary gift to Seth, I got him tickets to the Houston Dynamo vs. Los Angeles Galaxy soccer game. The game started at two so we thought leaving at 1:15 would give us plenty of time to get there and to our seats but we were definitely wrong. I was thinking we would park and walk right into the game but the Houston Dynamo is way more popular than I thought it would be ha-ha. Needless to say, we ended up missing kick off but even though we did, the game was still a lot of fun. Of course, it did help a little that Beckham was playing ha-ha. The game ended up being a no scoring game but will definitely be something that we would go to again. All in all, this was such a great weekend and a great first anniversary. I can’t believe that it’s almost been a year since we have been married but it has been the best year of my life and I can’t wait for the many more to come. I love you babe :-) Some pictures from the game.









2 comments:

  1. It looks like ya'll had a great weekend! I was beginning to wonder if I would see an updated any time soon! Just kidding - it drives me nuts when people tell me I need to update. If I don't update, it means I'm busy!!! Glad ya'll had a great anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah yeah I'm a slacker sometimes on this bolg thing. Like you said, If its been a while since I've updated I'm either real busy or just plain boring haha. Anyways, we did have a great weekend. Hope you and Dan are doing well. Talk to you soon

    ReplyDelete